Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Copies of full items generally can be:
- displayed or performed
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- the authors, title and full bibliographic details are given
- a hyperlink and/or URL are given for the original metadata page
- the content is not changed in any way
- Full items must not be harvested by robots
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Some full items are individually tagged with different rights permissions and conditions.
- This repository is not the publisher; it is merely the online archive.
- Mention of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository is appreciated but not mandatory.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is an institutional or departmental repository.
- Subject Specialities:
- Chemistry and Chemical Technology
- Language and Literature
- Ecology and Environment
- Philosophy and Religion
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physics and Astronomy
- Law and Politics
- Civil Engineering
- Management and Planning
- Computers and IT
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering and Materials
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository is restricted to:
- Journal articles
- Bibliographic references
- Conference and workshop papers
- Theses and dissertations
- Unpublished reports and working papers
- Books, chapters and sections
- Deposited items may include:
- submitted versions (as sent to journals for peer-review)
- accepted versions (author's final peer-reviewed drafts)
- published versions (publisher-created files)
- Items are individually tagged with their publication status.
- Principal Languages: Malay; English
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the institution
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- Eligible depositors must deposit bibliographic metadata for all their publications.
- The administrator only vets items for the eligibility of authors/depositors, relevance to the scope of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository, and valid layout & format
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- No embargo policy defined.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- No retention period defined.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Items will be migrated to new file formats where necessary.
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository is working with external partners to:
- convert or migrate file formats
- record preservation metadata
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder, but this is strongly discouraged.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Journal publishers' rules
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories, with:
- a link to a replacement version, where available
- The metadata of withdrawn items will not be searchable.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- The item's persistent URL will always link to the latest version.
- In the event of Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Institutional Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.